Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2015 contains a series of sixteen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce SOLIDWORKS 2015, solid modeling and parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book introduces SOLIDWORKS 2015 on a step-by-step basis, starting with constructing basic shapes, all the way through to the creation of assembly drawings and motion analysis.
This book takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important Parametric Modeling techniques and concepts. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. The lessons guide the user from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models, assemblies and creating multi-view drawings.
This book also covers some of the more advanced features of SOLIDWORKS 2015 including how to use the SOLIDWORKS Design Library, basic motion analysis, collision detection and analysis with SimulationXpress.
The exercises in this book cover the performance tasks that are included on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination. Reference guides located at the front of the book and in each chapter show where these performance tasks are covered.
Table of Contents
Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Exam Overview
1. Getting started
2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
4. Feature Design Tree
5. Geometric Relations Fundamentals
6. Geometric Construction Tools
7. Parent Child Relationships and the BORN Technique
8. Part Drawings and Associative Functionality
9. Reference Geometry and Auxiliary Views
10. Symmetrical Features in Designs
11. Advanced 3D Construction Tools
12. Sheet Metal Designs
13. Assembly Modeling - Putting it all Together
14. Design Library and Basic Motion Study
15. Design Analysis with SimulationXpress
16. CSWA Exam Preparation