I wrote Hack
ing with Swift
to teach app development in a highly practical way: you learn while you code, and you always learn new techniques in a real-world context so you can see exactly how they are applied. Well, Pro Swift
is no different: I've structured the course so you learn powerful, expressive Swift
syntax that you can immediately start using in your own projects.
As well as the complete book – in PDF, ePub, Mobi and HTML
– you'll also get acomprehensive set of videos that walk you through every technique so you can follow along in Xcode
. All code comes fully ready for Swift
2.2, and you will of course receive a free upgrade with any Swift
3.0 changes when it's released later in the year.
What's in the course?
- Object-oriented Swift: inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation
- Protocol-oriented Swift and how it differs from OOP
- Functional programming user filter, map, flatMap and reduce
- Model-View-Controller vs Model-View-ViewModel
- Pro pattern matching using "for case let" and switch blocks
- Understanding how lazy vars can boost your performance
- When it's best to use reference types and value types
- How to apply generics to your own code
- Mastering enums and associated values
- How to write smart inner classes and functions
- Variadic functions and tuple destructuring
- Operator overloading
- Handling exceptions gracefully: try vs try! vs try?
- Sets, subsets, and unions
- The elusive @autoclosure keyword
- Adding documentation markup to your code
- And much more!
- You don't need to have read Hacking with Swift to follow this course.
- Neither the book or the videos will have any DRM attached.
- The course focuses on the Swift language, so it is equally useful for OS X developers as it is for iOS developers.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Syntax
Chapter 2: Types
Chapter 3: References and Values
Chapter 4: Functions
Chapter 5: Errors
Chapter 6: Functional programming
Chapter 7: Patterns